(Senior) Consulant (all genders) - Corporate Finance Advisory Health Care and Life Science - M&A Advisory
Deloitte Advisory Corporate Finance provides corporates, private equity houses, owner-managers and other clients with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings, a significant number of which are cross-border or international in nature. We are ranked as the #1 M&A advisor globally per Mergermarket (by volume in 2020).
The Healthcare & Life Sciences (“HCLS”) M&A Lead Advisory team in Zurich has enjoyed considerable success and remains one of the most active sector teams in our M&A practice. We have grown to 10 individuals and plan to continue growing to support our significant pipeline of dealflow.
The expertise of our team extends across the full range of sub-sectors in the HCLS industry, including: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Digital Health / Therapeutics. We work with innovative companies that are making a real impact on the lives of patients and across society.
We are well respected in the industry. Our team is part of the Global HCLS practice, which has been ranked by Mergermarket as the #1 Global HCLS M&A advisor (by volume) in 2020 and 2019, and we are the reference sector hub providing expertise into deals across Switzerland and other European offices.
Our Global HCLS Corporate Finance team draws on experts from our global member firms to provide our clients with the highest quality professional advice and relevant M&A experience. Our global team includes over 12,200 practitioners dedicated to the HCLS industry in 99 countries and serves 93% of the Fortune Global 500® HCLS companies. The global HCLS M&A advisory practice advised on over 180 transactions over the last three years.
How you can make an impact
We are currently seeking Consultant / Senior Consultant to join our growing and successful team. You will be working across the Healthcare and Life Science sectors on a range of buy-side, sell-side and capital raising transactions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting day-to-day transaction execution, including preparation of information memoranda, management presentations, exit papers, valuation analysis and client communications;
- Valuation and financial modelling, including Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Leverage Buyout (LBO) analysis;
- Supporting marketing and business development opportunities, including the preparation of pitch documents; and
- Industry research for both deal origination and transaction analysis.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is motivated, driven and eager to learn. You need to have good communication skills as we deal with CEOs, Chairman, CFOs, MDs, and investment decision makers on a day-to-day basis.
The work is challenging but rewarding, with each transaction generating new scenarios where innovative solutions are required. We are a young, international team of motivated individuals where career development with work-life balance qualities is of significance.
- You are an open and curious person and can cope well in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
- Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
- High level of proficiency in financial modelling and valuation methodologies
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with ability to structure and create compelling written documents
- Fluent English, French and/or German; any other languages are a plus
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics (Other quantitative disciplines will be considered where candidate has 2+ years relevant work experience)
- Previous proven Investment Banking, Private Equity, Management Consulting experience (incl. relevant internships or initial professional experience in Mergers & Acquisitions)
Become part of a diverse, multinational and highly motivated team of 30+. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Consulting, Tax & Legal and Audit & Assurance. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to http://www.deloitte.com/ch/careers. What impact will you make?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna at email@example.com
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.